STUDENT POSITION: RESEARCH ASSISTANT FOR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS ENGIENEERING (M/F/D)
fortiss is the research institute of the Free State of Bavaria for the development of software-intensive systems with headquarters in Munich. The scientists at the institute cooperate in research, development and transfer projects with universities and technology companies in Bavaria, Germany and Europe. The focus is on research into state-of-the-art methods, techniques and tools for the development of software- and AI-based technologies for dependable, secure cyber-physical systems such as the Internet of Things (IoT). fortiss is organized in the legal form of a non-profit limited liability company. Shareholders are the Free State of Bavaria (majority shareholder) and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. www.fortiss.org
In the research division Requirements Engineering (RE), we concentrate on developing practically relevant approaches to efficiently handle requirements in early, volatile, human-centered, and often data-dominated software development stages.
The project Coding Public Value (CPV) focuses on the development and evaluation of methods for responsible software engineering for the common good and corresponding institutional, political and organizational frameworks for public-service media platforms. The central research question of the project is: How can legal, political and user-oriented requirements of public media be translated into requirements, methods and quality assessment practices for the engineering of software?
As a working student you will have an opportunity to assist our team with the development of regulatory requirements engineering framework (mainly through documents analysis, literature reviews) and its further evaluation conducted on the basis of interviews.
Student Position: Research Assistant for regulatory Requirements Engineering (m/f/d)
- Assistance with the research of current topics around requirements engineering, regulatory compliance of software systems, and software engineering for public value
- Assistance with secondary studies and literature reviews on regulations applicable to software systems and software systems compliance
- Assistance with the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data (document analysis, interviews, surveys, etc.)
- Support in project-relevant tasks, ranging from studies to workshops
- You are open-minded and willing to take an active role in an interdisciplinary team
- You are a computer science or similar (e.g. Information Systems, Technology & Management) bachelor’s or master student
- You have knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods. Previous experience in methods application is a plus.
- You are diligent and have an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills in English, skills in German is a plus
- Dynamic and team-oriented working atmosphere
- Gain research experience and develop personally and professionally
- Collaborate with industry and research institutions
- Freedom to bring in and develop your own ideas
- Opportunity to co-author research publications with senior colleagues
- Possibility to align your work with your studies and later write a supervised master thesis
- Flexible working hours and cheerful colleagues
Did we catch your interest?
Please submit your application with a motivational statement, a detailed CV and a current transcript of records.
Contact: Oleksandr Kosenkov