STUDENT ASSISTANT - SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT FOR CROSS-SECTORAL COUPLING AND ENERGY MANAGEMENT (M/F/D)fortiss is the research institute of the Free State of Bavaria for the development of software-intensive systems with headquarters in Munich. The scientists at the institute cooperate in research, development and transfer projects with universities and technology companies in Bavaria, Germany and Europe. The focus is on research into state-of-the-art methods, techniques and tools for the development of software- and AI-based technologies for dependable, secure cyber-physical systems such as the Internet of Things (IoT). fortiss is organized in the legal form of a non-profit limited liability company. Shareholders are the Free State of Bavaria (majority shareholder) and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. www.fortiss.org
As part of an Indo-German collaboration project, we are working on development of energy management system to increase the penetration of renewable energy resources in the context of smart cities.
In this project, we search for a new team member:
Software Development for Cross-Sectoral Coupling and Energy Management (m/f/d)
- Development of prototypes using our in-house Energy management tool
- Development of new functionalities in Java
- Assist in setting up demonstrators at our lab
- Scientific work and documentation
- Completed Bachelor's degree and currently enrolled in a Master’s degree in computer science, information systems or similar
- Practical experience in programming languages such as Java
- Knowledge about git, Maven
- Experience with Raspberry Pi (preferable)
- Interest in energy-related topics
- Excellent communication skills in English, basic skills in German is a plus
- Varied and future-oriented field of activity
- Demanding activities in a research-intensive environment with international exchange opportunities
- Dynamic and team-oriented working atmosphere
- Space for new ideas, for assuming responsibility, as well as for personal and professional development
- Cooperation with industry and the research facilities of the Technical University of Munich
Did we catch your interest?
Please submit your application with a motivational statement, a detailed CV and a current transcript of records.