STUDANT ASSISTANT (M/F/D) - ORCHESTRATION OF MOBILE EDGE APPLICATIONSfortiss is the research institute of the Free State of Bavaria for the development of software-intensive systems with headquarters in Munich. The scientists at the institute cooperate in research, development and transfer projects with universities and technology companies in Bavaria, Germany and Europe. The focus is on research into state-of-the-art methods, techniques and tools for the development of software- and AI-based technologies for dependable, secure cyber-physical systems such as the Internet of Things (IoT). fortiss is organized in the legal form of a non-profit limited liability company. Shareholders are the Free State of Bavaria (majority shareholder) and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. www.fortiss.org
In this project, we search for a new team member:
Student Assistant (m/f/d) – Orchestration of Mobile Edge Applications
This work is focused on the implementation and validation of a software-based solution, based on Kubernetes, that assists in a more dynamic behavior of Edge-based applications in large-scale scenarios, e.g., moving containerized applications across different IoT environments. This software solution shall be implemented and tested in the fortiss Industrial IoT Lab, based on realistic conditions.
- Support the setup and development of the open-source Mobilek8s software component under development in this demonstrator.
- Assist the configuration and integration of the software in the IIoT Lab of the fortiss Labs.
- Implementation, performance evaluation, and support of the demonstrator and novel components implemented in the fortiss IIoT Lab.
- Completed Bachelor's degree and currently enrolled in a Master’s degree in computer science, information systems or similar
- Practical experience in programming languages such as Java, Python or C++
- Preferably, practical experience in Linux systems
- Preferably, experience with Machine Learning solutions such as Tensorflow light, PyTorch.
- Excellent communication skills in English, basic German skills is a plus.
- Position available for 6 months, possibility to extend
- Working within an exciting international research environment
- International work environment
- An international and dynamic work environment with highly qualified and motivated colleagues
- Close cooperation and possible interaction with industrial leaders in the IoT domain.