STUDENT ASSISTANT (M/F/D) - DEVELOPMENT OF SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS FOR SECTOR COUPLING
fortiss is the research institute of the Free State of Bavaria for software-intensive systems and services based in Munich. The institute currently employs around 180 people who collaborate in research, development and transfer projects with universities and technology companies in Bavaria, Germany and Europe. The focus is on research into state-of-the-art methods, techniques and tools for software development, systems and service engineering and their application to reliable, secure cyber-physical systems such as the Internet of Things (IoT). fortiss is organized in the legal form of a non-profit limited liability company. The shareholders are the Free State of Bavaria (as majority shareholder) and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. (Fraunhofer Society for the Promotion of Applied Research) www.fortiss.org.
As part of a German-Indian research project on sector coupling, we are working with our partners to develop an energy management system for the efficient management of electricity and water infrastructures. The project comprises the development of hardware and software platforms to improve energy efficiency and water management, the integration of locally distributed clean energy resources and energy storages for better network efficiency and a lower CO2 balance.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a:
Student assistant (m/f/d) (10 to 16 hours/week, to the next possible date)
- Development of new modules in Java for one of our research projects on energy management
- Development of applications with the Eclipse 4DIAC-Tool
- Proactive participation in our research activities
- Completed Bachelor's degree (or similar, e.g. practical experience) or current Master's degree in computer science, information systems or similar
- Practical experience with hardware development boards like Raspberry, Arduino etc. is an additional advantage
- Experience with 4diac is also an advantage - https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/
- You will be involved in a German-Indian research project
- Friendly and open-minded team that understands your interests and assigns tasks accordingly
- An appropriate learning environment to enhance your skills and knowledge
Please submit your application with a motivational statement, a detailed CV and a current transcript of records.
Did we catch your interest?
Contact: Dr. Markus Duchon