STUDENT ASSISTANT - CLOUD SYSTEMS ENGINEERING (M/F/D)fortiss is the research institute of the Free State of Bavaria for the development of software-intensive systems with headquarters in Munich. The scientists at the institute cooperate in research, development and transfer projects with universities and technology companies in Bavaria, Germany and Europe. The focus is on research into state-of-the-art methods, techniques and tools for the development of software- and AI-based technologies for dependable, secure cyber-physical systems such as the Internet of Things (IoT). fortiss is organized in the legal form of a non-profit limited liability company. Shareholders are the Free State of Bavaria (majority shareholder) and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. www.fortiss.org
For a cloud based project, the group of Dependable Systems searches for support in the following form:
Student Assistant – Cloud Systems Engineering (m/f/d)
The deployment of complex system of systems services requires the integration of different kind of additional components like authentication services, analytic components, user notification services and databases. When we focus on scalability and portability the development of such services becomes challengeable.
The goal of our cloud based project is to design and deploy a reliable and robust cloud system considering the aforementioned challenges and to integrate novel security monitoring techniques (e.g. using runtime verification) developed in the Dependable Systems Group.
- Support the design and development of a complex cloud architecture for an avionics use case
- Configuration and integration of service components in a cloud infrastructure (e.g. Google Cloud Platform)
- Implementation, performance evaluation, and support for the demonstration of novel concepts implemented in the avionics use case
- Completed Bachelor's degree and currently enrolled in a Master’s degree or in a PhD degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
- Profound knowledge and practical experience in Object Oriented Programming, Software Design Patterns, Java and Python
- Knowledge in designing scalable and portable web applications (Docker, RESTful Services, Microservices, Kubernetes, Spring Boot).
- Knowledge in database (SQL and Non-SQL) design and implementation
- Knowledge in Public Cloud Solutions (AWS, Google Cloud Platform) is a plus
- Interest to learn new techniques/frameworks/tools
- Excellent communication skills in English, basic skills in German is a plus
- Position available for three months with a possibility for extensions
- An exciting and inspiring open research environment
- An international and dynamic work environment with highly qualified and motivated colleagues
- Close collaborations with industrial leaders in the avionics sector