RESEARCHER: SAFETY/ SECURITY (M/F/D)fortiss is the research institute of the Free State of Bavaria for the development of software-intensive systems with headquarters in Munich. The scientists at the institute cooperate in research, development and transfer projects with universities and technology companies in Bavaria, Germany and Europe. The focus is on research into state-of-the-art methods, techniques and tools for the development of software- and AI-based technologies for dependable, secure cyber-physical systems such as the Internet of Things (IoT). fortiss is organized in the legal form of a non-profit limited liability company. Shareholders are the Free State of Bavaria (majority shareholder) and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. www.fortiss.org
We looking for a researcher to strengthen the Safety & Security team.
Researcher: Safety/Security (m/f/d)
The Safety & Security team develops new methods and engineering principles related to safety and security in software and systems development. Example areas of interest include:
- Automated reasoning for safety/security-engineering
- Security aspects of distributed systems, such as accountability and privacy
- Formal semantics, verification, and analysis of access control systems
- Program analysis and type systems
The position is available starting as soon as possible and will be for at least two years initially, with the possibility of extension. You would be a team member contributing to our research in one of these areas. Applications from candidates with skills in related areas are also welcome.
- You will contribute to the research and development of the Safety & Security team.
- Conduct pioneering research related to safety and security.
- Support ongoing and upcoming national and international research projects in research, software development, scientific dissemination and technology transfer.
- Collaborate with our industry partners.
- Disseminate results at high-quality publications in leading internationally scientific journals and conferences.
- Outstanding university degree (MSc and/or PhD)
- Experience in one of the following areas:
- Safety or security aspects of software and systems
- Formal methods, e.g. in logic, automated reasoning, type systems, or program analysis
- Ability to implement research ideas in prototypes
- Excellent communication skills in English, basic skills in German are a plus, but not required
- An „open space“ organizational culture that allows you to learn and apply competencies as well as to take on responsibilities in different areas in a wide network of government and industry partners
- The opportunity to be part of a range of exciting research projects
- Opportunities for personal and professional development and to take over new responsibilities
- In-house training, e.g., academic writing, language courses, project management.
Please submit your application with a motivational statement, a detailed CV and a current transcript of records to https://recruitment.fortiss.org/
Notice that this code needs to be mentioned in the subject line of your application:
Job-ID: SafSEC Guide-MA 01-2021
Contact: Please do not hesitate to contact Ulrich Schöpp <email@example.com> if you have any query about the project or the position. The use of the job-ID is obligatory for any inquiries regarding the job position described.