RESEARCHER (M.SC. OR PH.D.) - INDUSTRIAL IOT (M/W/D)fortiss is the research institute of the Free State of Bavaria for the development of software-intensive systems with headquarters in Munich. The scientists at the institute cooperate in research, development and transfer projects with universities and technology companies in Bavaria, Germany and Europe. The focus is on research into state-of-the-art methods, techniques and tools for the development of software- and AI-based technologies for dependable, secure cyber-physical systems such as the Internet of Things (IoT). fortiss is organized in the legal form of a non-profit limited liability company. Shareholders are the Free State of Bavaria (majority shareholder) and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. www.fortiss.org
The IIoT competence center of fortiss (https://www.fortiss.org/en/research/fields-of-research/detail/industrial-internet-of-things) focuses on the development of computational and networking architectures for advanced IoT applications and use-cases in sectors such as Mobility, Smart Cities, Manufacturing, etc.
Research topics of interest include, but are not limited to: Edge computing, in particular decentralised Edge architectures; deterministic wireless networking (MAC and IP); dynamic container orchestration; information-centric networking; Edge AI.
We are looking for one motivated researcher to join our team.
Researcher (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) - Industrial IoT (m/f/d)
- Conduct pioneering and applied research in the IIoT competence center in the areas mentioned.
- Support ongoing national and international research project development, including software development, scientific dissemination, technology transfer.
- Participate in the supervision of students.
- Support the development of advanced training activities, e.g., webinars, seminars, workshops, conferences.
- Contribute to the overall competence center and fortiss strategy
- Outstanding PhD in computer science, specialization in computer architectures and networking.
- Strong background in one or multiple of the areas of interest is required.
- Very good publication record in top academic conferences and journals, area of networking architectures and protocols/IoT.
- Excellent analytical, technical, problem solving skills.
- Interested in mentoring students.
- Excellent communication skills in English, basic German skills is a plus.
- Compensation according to the regulations of the collective wage agreement of the public service of the German provinces (TV-L).
- An international and dynamic work environment with highly qualified and motivated colleagues.
- Close cooperation and interaction with industrial and academic leaders in the IoT international domain.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Possibility to collaborate in research and higher education through closely located universities and research institutes.
Did we catch your interest?
Recommendation letters are a plus.