RESEARCHER (M/F/D) - BLOCKCHAIN AND AI
fortiss is the research institute of the Free State of Bavaria for the development of software-intensive systems with headquarters in Munich. The researchers at the institute cooperate in research, development and transfer projects with universities and technology companies in Bavaria, Germany and Europe. Our research focus covers state-of-the-art methods, techniques and tools for engineering of software- and AI-based technologies for dependable, secure cyber-physical systems such as the Internet of Things (IoT). fortiss is organized in the legal form of a non-profit limited liability company. Shareholders are the Free State of Bavaria and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
fortiss substantially expands its successful research initiative on software & systems engineering. To further strengthen our team in topics such as federated cloud infrastructures, distributed ledger technologies, accountable machine learning, we are looking for a
Researcher (M/F/D) - Blockchain and AI
- Conduct pioneering application-focused research in one of the leading research groups on software & systems engineering
- Develop research prototypes and transfer the research results to solve important practical challenges in direct collaboration with our industry partners
- Disseminate contemporary research results with high-quality publications
- Act as a competent research partner and contact person for our application partners
- Support the development of advanced training activities such as webinars, seminars, workshops, conferences
- University degree (M.Sc. and/or PhD) in computer science / information system (or similar)
- Interest in research and scientific paper writing as well as experience in software development
- Self-initiative, commitment, goal orientation and willingness to perform and to considerably exceed the state-of-the-practice
- Team player focused on generating impact and with a thrive for producing leading results and enthusiasm for creating software-based solutions to tackle important challenges
- Very good knowledge of English in both spoken and written form, at least basic knowledge of German
- An excellent and internationally recognised research-centric environment in the area of Software and Systems Engineering
- An exciting and inspiring open research environment as well as the chance to take on new responsibilities
- The possibility to closely collaborate with other leading research groups and industrial technology leaders worldwide
- Opportunities for personal and professional development such as pursuing a PhD in a dynamic work environment with highly qualified and motivated colleagues
- Compensation according to the regulations of the collective wage agreement of the public service of the German provinces (TV-L)
Did we catch your interest?
Please submit your application with a motivational statement, a detailed CV and a current transcript of records at recruitment.fortiss.org.
Contact: Dian Balta