MASTER THESIS: GESTURE RECOGNITION ON NEUROMORPHIC HARDWARE (M/F/D)
fortiss is the research institute of the Free State of Bavaria for the development of software-intensive systems with headquarters in Munich. The scientists at the institute cooperate in research, development and transfer projects with universities and technology companies in Bavaria, Germany and Europe. The focus is on research into state-of-the-art methods, techniques and tools for the development of software- and AI-based technologies for dependable, secure cyber-physical systems such as the Internet of Things (IoT). fortiss is organized in the legal form of a non-profit limited liability company. Shareholders are the Free State of Bavaria (majority shareholder) and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. www.fortiss.org
In the Neuromorphic Computing department, we search for a
Master Student Gesture Recognition on Neuromorphic Hardware (non paid) (M/F/D)
You will be integrated in a small team of neuromorphic computing researchers at fortiss. You will work on implementing gesture recognition with online few-shots learning on neuromorphic hardware (Intel Loihi), based on existing scientific papers. In the first phase of your thesis, you will read the state of the art and learn about the Loihi chip. In the second phase, you will implement the latest state-of-the-art paper on chip. In the final phase, you will, with your supervisor, define and if time permits, implement, research and improvement steps to extend and apply your code on simulated or real use cases, like guessing user intentions from gestures.
- Excellent bachelor degree in computer science, machine vision or software engineering
- Excellent track record in your current masters, especially in AI topics, preferably related with machine vision
- Fluency in software development (Python and/or C++)
- Interest or experience in machine vision, event-based cameras, sensors
- Work in partnership with leading companies in AI
- Offices in central Munich (Nordfriedhof) in very high and modern premises with 360° view on Munich
- Nice working atmosphere in a small team
Did we catch your interest?
Please submit your application with a motivational statement, a detailed CV and a current transcript of records to our job portal.
Start date: from October 2021